Thursday, September 10, 2009

Chicken Sandwiches


I wanted to start providing simple, quick recipes that you can make and enjoy, but that won't take much time away from stitching or other projects. This chicken sandwich filling is one of my favorites - I came up with it one afternoon while digging through the fridge looking for something spicy but creamy. I hope you'll enjoy it!

Chicken Sandwich Filling

2 cups cooked chicken ( if I don't have leftovers, I like to cook about a pound of tenders - cut into cubes and sauteed in a little olive oil, and seasoned with a bit of salt, pepper, and chile powder. )

1 cup sour cream

8 oz shredded cheese ( I like sharp cheddar or a four cheese mexican blend)

1 small can green chiles

1/4 to 1/2 tsp chili powder (to taste)

salt and pepper to taste

That's it! Mix everything together until well blended. I like to serve this on a toasted bagel. For extra heat, use a chile bagel, or spread on a little bit of jalapeno cream cheese. This filling is good warm or cold, and keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment